- What are my payment options?
- Credit Card, Paypal, check or money order. Call 870-446-2790 to phone in your credit card order. We accept Visa, MC, AmEx, and Discover. You can use the cart system for credit cards or Paypal. Mail in check or money orders to
HC 31 Box 615
Deer, AR 72628
- How long does an order usually take?
- Fairy wings can take as little as 3-7 days. HOWEVER, it maybe more depending upon the time of year. 3-4 WEEKS is average as of February 2012. It is not unheard of for there to be a 3-4 MONTH wait. I am always willing to work with deadlines, so just let us know when you need it. I prioritize orders by "First In - First Out" and then by deadline. I get orders out FIFO until a deadline approaches then I am forced to move the deadline order ahead of others. It may not seem fair, but it is the only way I know how to do it. This was not a problem a few years ago, but what seems to be happening to me now is that I will receive 12-15 or more orders in the span of about 3-5 days. Many of the orders are for a specific date and almost always they are for the same date or within a week of each other. This phenomenon of order clustering baffles me, but I have to deal with it anyway. Orders received on the first day are shipped out fairly quickly, but the rest are waiting to be made. Sometimes they may not arrive until the day before you need them. I hate it, but any suggestions on a better method would be warmly welcome.
- In the months of September and October, if you don't tell me otherwise, I assume that the order is for Halloween. If it is NOT, you best let me know.
- Costumes and wedding gowns on the average take about 6 weeks. It also depends on the time of year you order. During my busy season it might take 12 weeks or more and during my not busy season probably about 3-4 weeks. The best thing to do, is order as early as you possibly can and let me put it on my calendar, that way I have a due date to work towards. It usually takes at least a week to iron out the details with you and another week to wait on fabrics, and another week of sewing time. If it's for a wedding you will want 2 more weeks before the wedding, just in case there are any fitting issues and you need to send it back for alteration.
- What if my costume or wedding gown doesn't fit?
- You must provide me with true and correct measurements. If the measurements you provide don't match you, I can't be responsible. You can send it back and I will alter it as necessary for additional charges and postage. This is why it is imperative that you order your costume or wedding gown early enough.
- Can I buy a pattern from you?
- No. I don't use patterns. I am a draper. A draper is a person who uses rough cut outs of fabric and cuts and molds them into the shape desired. It's sort of like sculpting, you take away what you don't want. I don't use flat patterns usually. If I do us a flat pattern, I have drafted it just for the individual, and often times the cut pieces need adjusting on the form anyway. When I'm done with it, I usually just throw it away.
- Will you make a costume or wedding gown from a purchased pattern?
- Yes! I will make any garment from a purchased pattern. I can put pieces together from many patterns to get the look you want.
- Do you have a catalog?
- Still working on it. I've about given up ever having enough time to actually do it.
- What are your wholesale prices?
- I don't really do wholesale. My work is custom only. I do each costume one at a time and no two are alike, even of the same design. I might give a quantity discount on a huge order of wings, like 10 sets or more for 10% off.
- Do you have any more pictures of costumes you've done?
- NO. Pictures are added in a timely manner. I suggest you join my mailing list to be notified of new items or images added to the site.
- Can you make a (insert costume item here)?
- Yes, if it can be sewn, I can make it. Some things I make that are not really highlighted on my pages are: capes, veils (modern bridal and medieval), masks, wings, etc. You name it, I've done it. I love researching new things. Even if I don't have a picture or a rendering of it, just ask. It might be a project that I would like to take on.
- Is there anything you don't make? (Okay, you didn't ask, but I need to tell you anyway)
- I do not like to work with leather or vinyl. I have done it, but I don't like it much. This includes suede too, but not faux suede. Faux suede is a fabric.
- What about corsets?
- Well, yep I can. It is not really my area of interest. I like working on the whole project. If your costume requires a corset I can make one for it at your request. But I will not be advertising corsets to sell. There are far too many good corsetiers out there for me to be doing it.